Monday, January 4, 2010

HW 31

Part A-

Anny breton:
Question: why did you get a tattoo?
Answer: Because I wanted to, i like it, its cute no?, i feel that it describes me as a person

thoughts: I think she did get a tattoo that she liked, but i think she got the tattoo more because of how popular tattoos are. I think because there's so many people saying how tattoos are soo cool, that she was influenced to get it, so it was more to fit in than just doing it because she truly wanted to.


Part B-
my own aspects: skinny jeans, piercings, Jack bag

I remember back when we wore those hip-hugging-flared out at the bottom- jeans, and how they were so popular, and i remember how much i loved wearing them, but once skinny jean became popular in school, that changed. At first i had rebelled against it, but then i looked at the jeans and saw how people made them look so nice, and hot, that i started wearing them. Now whenever i go shopping i wont buy any other jeans than skinny jeans, because i hate how the baggy jeans look on me now. I think even though you try to fight against it, you can never truly win, you can rebel for a while but it will eventually get to you.
Also besides the piercings i had since i was a baby, i got another one, a cartilage piercing, and i remember being sooo happy to get it, even though my dad didnt like it, and i know my influence came from celebrities , and stories i've read, because they always have the coolest piercings, and a bunch of them too. I know when i got my piercing i always said "i got it because i wanted to" but now that i look back, i really just got it because of how cool it made people look, and in middle school i did want to be cooler since i was really that popular, so why not get a piercing something that not a lot people in my school were getting. Though it didnt make me popular, so i think these things dont really work for anybody, i think you have to have a lot of other factors mixed into the formula. Now that i think back to it. i feel slightly put out about how easily swayed i am, how much power other people have other me. I think now im a tiny bit better than how i was back then, even now i feel unconsciously strive for attention, like getting a skeleton doll bag, now that i think about it, i thought i got it because i just liked it, but i also got it for the attention people me when they stop me to talk about my bag, or ask me where i got it and how cute it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment